28 July 2007

WHALING DAYS

Silverdale's annual Whaling Days are happening this weekend and we decided to participate. I volunteered to help with the "Whale of a Run" which has over 800 participants between a 4 mile run, 1 mile run and kid's dashes.









I was originally assigned to the "chute crew" and more specifically given the task of being a 'people pusher'. I thought it sounded quite distinguished. At the last minute, someone came up to the chute crew and said they needed one person for a different task and I volunteered and soon became a 'tag taker' a job that I relished and will volunteer to do again next year. This was my view from my designated position looking down the chutes waiting for runners to return.



Immediately after the Whale of a Run, the parade begins and this is one of the Central Kitsap Fire trucks at the beginning of the parade.






Here comes Harrison Medical Center with Abbie and Kol walking along and waving.

No comments: